Experience the benefits of one on one attention through functional personal training or private yoga instruction.
Functional training is how we train for the things we do in our everyday lives. We want to stay injury free and energized to enjoy the things we love. While classes are a wonderful way to stay motivated and be part of a community, adding personal training or private yoga sessions can deepen your understanding of your workouts and practice as well as help you reach your personal health and fitness goals safely.
Whether you have specific questions that simply a few sessions could answer or you are looking for a regular session time to help you get started or enhance your current program, Yen & You can help you reach your goals.
Whether you are completely new to yoga or have been practicing for a long time, a private session may help you to feel more comfortable and safe in your practice.
Totally new? Learn the lingo, common poses, and have the chance to ask your teacher any questions you might have.
Continuing practitioner? Gain a deeper insight into your practice. Let your teacher help ensure proper alignment, provide modifications, and help develop your personal or home practice.
Pre/Postnatal Private Yoga
Private instruction for moms-to-be and new moms. Gentle variations on traditional postures that specifically benefit expecting mothers. After child birth moms can expect strength building and safe postpartum stretching. It is recommended that you speak to your midwife or care provider to decide when you are ready to start.
What to expect
What is functional training?
Do I need to have a membership to do privates?
Where is the YY Annex?
The YY Annex is located at 123 West Front Street, just 3 blocks west of our home base studio. It is across from the Record Eagle in the Gordie Fraser building on the second floor. Your trainer will meet you downstairs and show you to the studio.
What else should I know?
- Private studio time allows you and your trainer to personalize your workout, stretching or yoga practice.
- Private sessions are a great way to increase your fitness level, confidence and strength for the Yen Yoga classes you take.
- Offers hands-on adjustments to further your practice (optional)
- Facilitated stretching and/or Foam Rolling during your Personal Training Session to increase flexibility and reduce pain and the risk of injury (optional)
- Personalize your workout playlist or have your trainer provide one for you.
- 24 Hour cancellation policy applies and privates are non-transferable. Privates/Duos cancelled less than a day notice will not be refunded.
The YYF team of teachers can provide unique private class experiences for your group. Reserve private time and space at the studio. Or, let us come to you!
- Yoga at Your Office (you give us a room, we’ll bring everything you need)
- Yoga on the Beach
- Bachelor/ette Party Yoga
- Wedding Morning Yoga
- …and more!
Group privates over 15 people must be approved. Group rate is $150 (+ federal mileage rate if we are traveling to you).